What is Software Testing?
Observing the execution of a software system to validate whether it behaves as intended and identify potential malfunctions.
Why do we test?
To help identify the correctness, completeness, security, and quality of computer software.
- Exposing deviations from user requirements
- Assessing the conformance to a standard specification
- Evaluating robustness to stressful load conditions or to malicious inputs
- Measuring given attributes, such as performance or usability
- Estimating the operational reliability