How many of these challenges have you NOT faced on software projects?
I would bet at one time or another everyone reading this has faced all of these challenges.
Not all on every project (thankfully), but all of them between the various projects you’ve worked on.
- Limited, and sometimes highly constrained, duration
- Uncertainty regarding work required, methods, durations, and costs
- Complex sequencing requirements among activities
- Large projects are often composed of multiple smaller projects
- Often constrained resource availability and uneven workload
- Temporary project organization/team with members drawn from various disciplines, functional areas, and organizations
- Geographically dispersed team members
- Project manager lacks formal, permanent authority with respect to team members
- Potential for changing priorities, miscommunication, confusion, and conflict
Any other challenges to add to the list?