Testing activities follow a life cycle that should run in parallel with the software development life cycle.
The Business Analyst’s Role in Testing:
To objectively validate a system, the tester must compare the final product to the product request (the requirements).
The BA may participate in testing by:
- Identifying potential test cases
- Identifying potential test data
- Refining requirements if necessary
- Providing detailed explanations of complex requirements
- Assisting in Test Plan development(creating test plan 100% if you are also acting in a dual role and you are also the test analyst)
- Writing test scripts if you also have the role of test analyst
- Executing test cases
- Reviewing test results
- Assessing software usability from the user’s perspective
- Reporting defects identified during testing
- Helping to research and resolve defects
- Working with the users during use acceptance testing